Running Dynamics Pod
Part Number: 010-12520-00
Recommended Retail Price: R 1 359.00
ICASA Certification: TA-2016/3290
Running Dynamics Pod Features:
Computes and Transmits Meaningful Data
- Computes and sends 6 running dynamics metrics to your compatible device¹
- Battery life: replaceable battery lasts up to 1 year (assuming 1 hour daily use)
- Automatically turns itself on and off
- Tiny size: at less than 5 ounces, you’ll forget it’s there
- Compatible devices connect² with the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app to automatically sync
your data and connect with others
Train Hard, Run Free
The Running Dynamics Pod easily clips onto your waistband to measure the running dynamics you need to beat yesterday. It gives you the option to run without a heart rate monitor chest strap. Once paired with your compatible smartwatch1, just clip it to the back and center of your waistband and start your run.
Review Your Form
View and analyse important running metrics such as your cadence, stride length, ground contact time and balance, vertical oscillation and vertical ratio. These biomechanical measurements can help you understand your running form so you can perform better on race day.
How It Works
The Running Dynamics Pod has an accelerometer in the module that measures torso movement to calculate these 6 running metrics:
• Cadence is the number of steps per minute. It displays the total steps (right and left combined).
• Ground contact time balance displays the left/right balance of your ground contact time while running. It displays a percentage. For example, 53.2 with an arrow pointing left or right.
• Stride length is the length of your stride from 1 footfall to the next. It is measured in meters.
• Vertical oscillation is your bounce while running. It displays the vertical motion of your torso, measured in centimetres for each step.
• Vertical ratio is the ratio of vertical oscillation to stride length. It displays a percentage. A lower number typically indicates better running form.
• Ground contact time is the amount of time in each step that you spend on the ground while running. It is measured in milliseconds.
¹Compatible with Forerunner® 935/735XT and fēnix® 5/Chronos
²When paired with a compatible smartphone
Learn more about running dynamics
• Unit dimensions (LxWxD), pod in clip: 37.6 mm x 23.2 mm x 19.2 mm
• Weight: 12.0 g
• Battery life: 1 year (assuming 1 hr/day of use)
• Battery type: CR1632 (user-replaceable)
• Water rating: IPX7
• ANT+® connectivity: yes
What's in the Box:
- Running Dynamics Pod
Sports & Fitness Products